Summary: Gateway Foundation, the nation’s largest substance abuse treatment provider, relies on ASA to help staff fulfill the organization’s communications goals. ASA helped Gateway to develop and implement a corporate branding strategy and create communications vehicles to deliver consistent messages across Gateway’s community and corrections business sectors and throughout internal communication channels.
Challenge: Gateway Foundation provides substance abuse treatment services in community-based and corrections settings. Geographically diverse programs, fragile public funding cycles, and lack of public empathy for Gateway clients are some of Gateway’s challenges. ASA developed a uniform message platform that positions Gateway as an industry leader, using cutting edge practices and technology, and frames treatment in terms of cost savings to society.
- Marketing Communications Strategy and Message Platform
- Design and branding across all businesses and internal communications
- Corrections and community program brochures, individualized for each site
- Branding youth treatment, women’s treatment and senior care
- Trade show displays for corrections and community divisions
- Human Resources, recruiting, retention and on-boarding campaign
- Media relations to promote new programs, expansions, and accomplishments
- Produced 5-part video series for employee recruitment and on boarding
- Write and produce quarterly employee newsletter
- Designed website and wrote regular public affairs blog posts
Uniform brand and messaging across all business sectors and geographic locations laid the groundwork for Gateway’s successful launch into new private pay initiative, beginning in 2009
Improved employee morale and retention, contributing to Gateway employee communication survey scoring communication improvements in every category from 2006 – 2009.
To see additional results visit http://recovergateway.org/Gateway-Alcohol-Drug-Rehab-resources.aspx