Challenge: Arthur Ashe Institute for Urban Health commissioned a film about Dr. Deas, an inspirational African-American Brooklyn doctor, to encourage youth of color towards careers in health care. Needing a public engagement campaign, AAIUH retained Amdur Spitz & Associates to develop an outreach program for the film that engages youth, and creates awareness of pathways towards a career in health professions.
- Market Research
- Develop 2 advisory committees; youth and medical professionals of color
- Design program strategy
- Identify Medical Association and School Partners
- Develop Educational Film DVD, curriculum guide, divided into segments
- Develop message platform
- Develop Program Plan and Budget
- Create communication strategy
- Design evaluation plan
- Identify potential funders
AAIUH is partnering with The National Medical Association, NY Chapter and three Brooklyn middle schools test Be the Cure this year.